Jessica Day George

Saturday, May 31, 2008

Purple Cows and Lists!

This Saturday (June 7) I get to read and sign at a GRAND OPENING!  

And not just any grand opening, but the grand opening of a CHILDREN'S BOOKSTORE!!!  Isn't that just the coolest thing ever?  there used to be a great children's bookstore in Salt Lake, but they sadly closed a few years ago.   

But now Purple Cow Books is opening up on Main Street in Tooele, UT, and they've got fun things planned all day.  There's going to be a cake contest, and they asked if I wanted to help judge!  Boy, do I!  So if you know where Tooele is (and, more importantly, how to pronounce it!), come on by!  I'll be there to read and stuff from 2-3, but there will be tons of things earlier.

Also, while I was at CONduit, I found myself recommending tons of books to people, particularly YA books.  I had actually thought of printing out a list to hand out at one of the panels, but Mr. Only Computer Hooked to Printer was being elderly and slow, and I did not have time.  I have decided to update my Favorites page to have some more comprehensive lists of cool books.  That should hopefully be up in the next day or two.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, that sounds fun! Congrats. And yay for children's bookstores!

By the way, for those of you that don't know -- Tooele is pronounced Too-illa.

Anonymous said...

Jessica,
I was at the Purple Cow Bookstore signing!! I was the one who loved purple!!! I just wanted to say that I hada great time and your books are fantastic!!!
Thanks,
Spencer Lawson