Jessica Day George

Thursday, February 22, 2007

Lizzie Bright and the Buckminster Boy

With my sister and a couple of her friends, we are reading our way backward through the Newbery books, medalists and honorees. We just hit Lizzie Bright and the Buckminster Boy. This is not, I must admit, a book that I would normally pick up. Neither the cover art nor the the title appealled to me. And then I read the book. What a wonderful book! A book I could not put down, I book that I laughed and cried over, and wanted to urge everyone I knew to read. Read it, it's amazing!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the recommendation. I've been working through the Printz and ALA Best Fiction for Teens lists, so I haven't gotten to the Newbery ones yet. Just finished Alphabet of Dreams by Susan Fletcher (#2 on ALA list) last night and loved, loved, loved it.