Jessica Day George

Monday, February 5, 2007

Born to Rock!

Well, I wasn't really born to rock, but I do enjoy dancing badly around to loud music. But I just read the wonderful "Born to Rock" by Gordon Korman, and I can't stop thinking about it! What a great book! I give it two thumbs up and four stars. Korman, for those of you who haven't heard that name before, is a prolific children's author. When I was a wee lass in grade school, I read his books. Books like the MacDonald Hall series, and "Beward the Fish!" He's a great author, and this book looked good, so I tried it. AMAZING! This, in my opinion, is his best book ever. It was exciting, it was entertaining, and it really did have a great message without being preachy. I loved this book. It was very well-written (Korman has had tons of practice), some of his phrases and descriptions were so great I had to stop and re-read them. Highly recommended people, highly!

No comments: