Jessica Day George

Thursday, December 29, 2011

Guess What I Got For Christmas?!

No. Not a baby.

The baby will be here soon, though, and we are in full "hunker down" mode. I have already been in a minor car accident (not my fault, thank you very much!) and fallen very hard in an icy parking lot. I refuse to leave my house again unless I am going to the hospital. So I asked for books for Christmas. Books upon books upon books!

And guess what? I GOT THEM!

I got wonderful books! Books that I am so excited to read! Books I have been waiting for!

Books like:

A CONSPIRACY OF KINGS
ALL CLEAR
A DANCE WITH DRAGONS
WELCOME TO BORDERTOWN
UNDERDOGS
TONGUES OF SERPENTS
MONSTER HUNTER ALPHA
THE CHRONICLES OF HARRIS BURDICK

I even have new graphic novels, like a new collection about Thor (or "Mommy's Boyfriend" as my husband has trained our son to say), and a new Schlock Mercenary, THE TERAPORT WARS.

So let's get out the hot chocolate, people, and prepare to hunker down, sip and read!

*AND NOW A PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT*

Webmaster Mikey has once again discovered that the settings on the Contact Jessica page were changed, and no messages have come through! If you emailed me through the website in the last month, your message was lost in the webisphere (or whatever they call it these days). If you wish to re-email me, please do so! This will also explain why, if you are requesting an interview or some such thing, I appear to be ignoring you. Sorry about that! It's all fixed now!

7 comments:

Meredith said...

I'm so glad I got to see you before you hunkered down! Thanks for signing my books!

Shelby said...

BOOKS:) That's all one needs for Christmas presents:)

Rebecca Gomez said...

Hurray for new books! I hope you have plenty of reading time even once that baby comes.

I got an iPad for Christmas, so I have plenty of new e-books to read, selected from the free options. Good way to try out e-reading to see if I like it.

Take it easy, and no more falling!

Ruth said...

I asked for books too, and I got :
Inheritance
Scumble
Guady Night
Better living through plastic explosives
Tommorow when the war began
And I just bought and read:
Suite Scarlett
Scarlett Fever
13 little blue envelopes

yaaaaaaaay! books!

Kat said...

Please let us know if the books you got are any good!

Jasmine said...

A Conspiracy of Kings is amazing! Don't read it too fast or you'll be sad when it ends.

PenguinHead27 said...

i agree. books r epic. all 1 needs 2 live is food, water, air, and books. :P