Jessica Day George

Sunday, October 18, 2009

Questions! Now with Answers!

Hello!

It has been many moons since I updated the FAQ page. In fact, it's been almost a year! So behold, I shall answer some FAQ's here, and then add them to that page later. (By which I mean I will get my husband to do it! YAY!)

Here are some answers to recent questions I have been getting via email.

Q. Will there be a fourth book after Dragon Spear?

A. No. And also Maybe. I am finished writing about our friends Creel and Luka, but am mulling over a couple of ideas for books set in Feravel with other characters.

Q. What is the Lass's real name in Sun and Moon, Ice and Snow?

A. Hmmm, did you really read the book, or were you skimming? You can easily find it if you read the second-to-last page of the book!

Q. What does it mean?

A. I don't know. I'm not a white reindeer.

Q. What are the names of the twelve princesses in Princess of the Midnight Ball?

A. I'll give you a hint: they're all flowers! And all twelve names can be found in the second chapter, "Princess." I'll get you started: Rose, Lily, Jonquil. . . .

Q. Where and when were you born?

A. In Boise, in the 1970's.

Q. What are you working on right now?

A. I am editing the sequel to Princess of the Midnight Ball, entitled Princess of Glass. It will be out in spring of 2010!

Q. If I send you my manuscript, will you give it to your agent/editor?

A. Nope.

Q. Why not?

A. Unfortunately, I do not have time to read or critique people's manuscripts, and I would not feel honest giving a manuscript to my agent that I didn't love.

Q. Are you going on a book tour sometime soon?

A. Sadly, no. But you never know! Keep checking for events!

Q. Why won't you "friend" me on Facebook?

A. I have two Facebook pages. The regular one is just for my family and very close friends, so that I can chat about my kids and private stuff. The other is a celebrity page, where you are all welcome to become a fan. I answer questions there, post info, and all good things.

And let's finish off with a nice "Jessica Recommends!"

Jessica Recommends:

Ice by Sarah Beth Durst, Liar by Justine Larbalestier, and the Hamish Macbeth mysteries by M.C. Beaton. Boy recommends the Elephant and Piggie books by Mo Willems, and Baby Girl recommends Your Personal Penguin by Sandra Boynton.

11 comments:

Priya said...

Princess of Glass?!?! I can't wait! I loved Princess of the Midnight Ball.

Ariadne said...

Can you say what character is the focus in Princess of Glass? And is it another fairy-tale retelling?

Melinda said...

OOOHH! A sequel!!! Sounds awesome. I can't wait!

Lydie said...

WOO-HOOO! Can't wait!
I LOVE Princess of the midnight ball! Can you reveal anything?

Erin G. said...

It's funny. I was just looking at your site and I meant to click on your blog, but accidently clicked on the FAQ page. I started reading and then thought, 'Oh boy. She hasn't updated this for about a year!' And then I click on your blog and lo and behold, it's as if you read my mind! :D

Anonymous said...

Cool!
I CAN NOT WAIT! I love the series I have been bugging my friends to read it.

Anonymous said...

Cool!
I CAN NOT WAIT! I love the series I have been bugging my friends to read it.

c'est moi said...

"I wanna be your personal penguin..." yep, a favorite of mine, as well! Go, B.G.!

Rachel!!! said...

*tears* Have been searching the web all night trying to find out if you were making a fourth! Oh well. I'm very excited about the upcoming sequel to Princess of the Midnight Ball. That was the first book of yours I read, and thoroughly enjoyed it. Keep up the good work!
-An avid reader.

Anonymous said...

I love the Dragon Slippers Trilogy! Hope there is more books!!!! :)

Anonymous said...

hey jessica george I read all the books and i am wondering if at the last sentence of Dragon spear does it mean that Creel was pregnant? :)