Jessica Day George

Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Jessica Recommends. . . .

I'm very angry at Paramount right now. It seems that they took a large amount of money from Bill Gates in exchange for not releasing any more Blu-Ray DVDs. Now, I am a big fan of Blu-Ray. It's a high definition DVD system, basically, which means that you can watch your movies bigger, louder, brighter and clearer. For instance: we have discovered that Gwyneth Paltrow has freckles. The picture is that good. I'm particularly upset because the BEST MOVIE I HAVE SEEN ALL YEAR is a Paramount film. It's STARDUST, and it's fabulous. I love it madly, and cannot wait to see it again. That's why the title of this post is "Jessica Recommends." I know that I should be shouting for everyone to boycott Paramount, but I just can't let Stardust do poorly at the box office. GO SEE IT, IT'S AMAZING!!!! Curse you, Paramount! All I wanted for Christmas was Stardust on Blu-Ray! I would also like to recommend Markus Zusak. He's an author, a brilliant author. I would hate him and be jealous, but the truth is that he is so far above me, talent-wise, that it's like the garbage can being jealous of how everyone likes to sit on the couch. I loved "The Book Thief", his Printz honoree book, and I just read "Getting the Girl" which was amazing. Now, here's the disclaimer: "The Book Thief has a little harsh language in it, and I would say is rated PG-13, but "Getting the Girl" has some very harsh language, also violence and a bit of hanky panky. So it's for our older readers for sure. But nothing in the book is done strictly for shock value. It's the story of a working class family in Sydney, told from the point of view of one of the teenage boys. He and his brother call each other names, his brother dates a lot of girls, it's all very realistic. AND I LOVED IT WITH ALL CAPS, as you can see. So go see Stardust, and go read something by Markus Zusak (keeping in mind that he can be a bit adult).

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i agree

Anonymous said...

OMGSH. i know i love stardust it is one of my alltime favorites. ahhhhhhhhh.