Jessica Day George

Monday, July 23, 2007

Farewell, Harry!

No, that wasn't a spoiler of any kind. I just meant that I've finished the final Harry Potter book. And I'm not sure how I feel. It was wonderful. Rowling is a talented writer, a stupendously talented writer, in my opinion. She's created characters and a world that I will treasure forever, that I will visit again and again. But this was a hard book to read (as I'm sure it was to write). Tragedies occurred, and though, as Rowling said, there was a happy ending for the survivors, it was hard to say goodbye to my friends in the wizarding world. It was hard to close that book and think, I'll never again read a Harry Potter book for the first time. Sigh. Thanks, Jo, for seven books of wonder!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I know this isn't about this but I just finished reading your book Dragon Slippers and was wondering if you're going to make a sequal i think you should or if you did I'd shurley buy it.

Anonymous said...

It's so sad that it's over but it was such a wonderful story!

~Erin
misserinmarie.blogspot.com