Jessica Day George

Monday, May 28, 2007

So many notes. . . .

So here we are, apres CONduit, as the French might say. Although most of the French people I've met are unlikely to attend Salt Lake City's annual sci fi convention. But I went, and I did my usual talking and arm-waving thing (I really get into the panel discussions). So now I have no more excuses: I must do some real work. No trips to Canada, no signings in sight. It looks like I'm going to have to tackle the editorial notes for "Sun and Moon", which Melanie the Editor wanted to see all polished and ready, in about two more weeks now. EEEEEEEEEK! There are so very many notes. . . I went off on so very many tangents in this one, and there really is a little too much detail about Life in a Norwegian Cottage. So I'm hacking and slashing, hacking and slashing, and trying not to think about how badly my house needs to be dusted. . . . And then there are the pleasant distractions to fight, like picking up the copy of Diana Wynne Jones' latest, "The Pinhoe Egg" and reading a page or two before I do more hacking and slashing. And of course yesterday we had to go see Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End. Which was really, really good. But sadly did not help me hack and slash. Oh dear, I really must get back to work.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Still trying to decide what I thought of the 3rd Pirates, actually. I loved it in many ways, especially the upside-down ship idea which was just so so clever. But did the battle have to go on so so long only to end like that? And when you feel bogged down by editorial notes, just think of those of us who are EXTREMELY envious that you have an editor (though you totally deserve it, and I need to wade through my share of slush piles first).