Jessica Day George

Monday, January 5, 2009

Ring out wild bells. . . .

Yes, it's a new year. A year of stuff and things! And I haven't blogged in ages because . . . hello! Trying to enjoy Christmas over here! And enjoy it we did! There was food (oh, so much food!) and games, and presents! I got to play Nerts with the family. If you don't know Nerts, you're missing out. Everyone gets their own pack of cards, and it's kinda like playing solitaire with yourself and everyone at the table simultaneously! We also discovered a game called Apples to Apples, which is hilarious. And then the presents! Santa Claus was very good to your Aunt Jessy this year, people. Very good. Sooooo many books, plus a 5,000 horsepower blender for all my blending needs! (I have a lot of blending needs, okay?) Boy got a bike, Baby Girl got soft toys to amuse her.

And then the editing fairy came. . . .

Yes, kids, the editing fairy sometimes even comes during the holidays. Unfortunately for that cheeky little pixie, I did not have time to bow to her whims. Consequently, I have 145 pages left of Dragon Spear to read over. Oopsy. But fear not, I shall have them done forthwith. And then we will concentrate on launching that book of books, that masterpiece, that book we like to call: Princess of the Midnight Ball!

Ba-ba-bum!

But now please enjoy these dogs decorating a Christmas tree!

5 comments:

Why Not? Because I Said So! said...

My kids and I laughed so hard and loved the dogs decorating the tree.

BTW...finished Princess at the Midnight Ball a few days ago...LOVED it!! I will be blogging about it soon but I hope that you will answer a few questions first. I will send them to you and you can decide whether or not you want to answer them...but I hope that you will!! I am so happy that you had a great Christmas!!

NNA said...

Hi, I found your blog post through a search for “Nerts”. It is cool to see others that know about the game. I hope you don’t mind but I wanted to let you know about playnertz.com, the site for the National Nertz Association. There is a bunch of interesting Nertz information there and you can also find out how to play Nertz online there. I hope you will check it out. Feel free to join and also let your friends and family know. Thanks

Janelle said...

We love Apples to Apples. We played the JR. version with our kids and another family on New Year's Eve and had lots of fun. I'm looking forward to more books. So get back to work. :)

Anonymous said...

I LOVED Dragon Slippers and am impatiently waiting for a ride to Barnes and Noble to get Dragon Flight. Can't wait for Dragon Spear either!
Jessica Day George, you have such a funny sense of humor. And I mean that in the best way of course. :D

Jackee said...

Have a great new year. I'm excited for Princess of the Midnight Ball to come out in a week or two!