Jessica Day George

Sunday, November 18, 2007

Thanksgiving. . . .

What are we thankful for this year? Let's see: Barring a few times when he was sick, the Boy has slept through the night for a whole year now. Dragon Slippers arrived in stores, and is doing very well. It was a Booksense pick for the summer, and one of Amazon.com's Best Books of the Year So Far! We finished half of our basement, giving my parents a real bedroom to sleep in when they visit, and the Boy a place to strew toys about with abandon. I finally took a cake decorating class, and I'm not bad at it! We had our tenth wedding anniversary! This is a lot of exclamation points! But to continue, I'm thankful for: pumpkin pie, mashed potatoes, Naomi Novik's fourth Temeraire book, Stardust in movie and book form. Fabulous sequels like Love is a Many-Trousered Thing, Titan's Curse, and Knuffle Bunny Too. My family, who retain their greatness and move up to new heights of awesome all the time. Happy Thanksgiving!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I loved Stardust and Titan's Curse.

Happy Thanksgiving to you, too. :D

Anonymous said...

I think Dragon Slippers was the best book I ever read, by passing Harry Potter and Redwall. thanks for writing it!!

Anonymous said...

Dragon Slippers is a wonderful book 4 kids! great job on it!!!