Jessica Day George

Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Which book won?

Danny, the Champion of the World won out.  What a great book!  I finally hit a place where I simply couldn't put it down, and finished it later that night.  Now I just have to avoid picking up that copy of Austenland winking at me from the corner of my room, I'll hurry and finish the two books left, Alchemyst and Smekday, which are equally good in different ways.

Enna Isilee, a dedicated Shannon Hale fan, as you can tell, interviewed me for her spanking new blog!  Thanks, Enna!  It was a real treat seeing the great questions she had come up with and thinking about how to answer.  You can read the interview here: 

http://squeakybooks.blogspot.com/2008/02/my-first-interview-jessica-day-george.html

She also reviews some great books, it's a fun blog.

This week, if you will take a gander at the "Meet Jessica" page, I will be at Life, the Universe, and Everything at BYU in Provo, UT.  For those of you who live within easy distance of this, LTUE is a GREAT conference.  I've been going since I was just a wee lass.  I met Robin McKinley there when I was a teen, something that I will always treasure.  Every year they invite wonderful authors to come and talk about their books, about writing, all kinds of things.  This year it's Gail Carson Levine and Orson Scott Card, along with a mix of us locals, including James Dashner and Brandon Sanderson.  It's free, and it runs from Thursday through Saturday.  Join us!  There's full info at:

http://ltue.byu.edu

Now I'd better get to work on that third Creel and the Dragons book!  I'm awfully close to the end, hint hint.  There's going to be a w-- NO!  I won't tell you!  HA HA HA HA HA!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

War? Anyways, I would love to go, but as I live in Texas I don't think that's possible. Have fun!

Yay for Enilee!

Anonymous said...

Witch? Warthog? Wet blanket? Whale? Weirdo?

;) and nice interview with Enna Isilee!

~Erin
www.misserinmarie.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

Hey! Just thought I'd let you know that I just finished Dragon Flight and loved it. :D

My review is here: http://maribethkayla.blogspot.com/2008/02/dragon-flight.html
or http://www.goodreads.com/user/show/871219