Jessica Day George

Monday, July 24, 2006

The Prestige

Ah, what a great book! The 1996 winner of the World Fantasy Award is soon to be a movie starring two of my favorite actors: Christian Bale and Hugh Jackman. So I thought, huh, rival magicians in 19th century England. I'll give it a shot. Boy, howdy! What a great book! Beautifully written, detailed, fascinating! With a weird, weird, ending. Wow. I did not see that coming. It reminded me of "Jonathan Strange & Mr. Norrell." Which would also make a great movie. Which also left me clamoring for a sequel. But alas, I'm sure that neither of these books will ever been sequeled, and we can only dream.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

'will ever been sequeled'?? :D I think you've been working too hard on all your editing again. The books sound good though. I'll read them while whittling away the time till I can read yours.