Jessica Day George

Sunday, May 15, 2005

Star Wars Holiday Special

Egad! I have just witnessed the horror that is the Star Wars Holiday Special. Aired in 1979, George Lucas has said that he'd like to find every last copy of this and smash it with a sledghammer. Well, Mr. Lucas, you can have my copy. Bleah! Most of the show involves Chewbacca's family, who speak only Wookiee and are not subtitled. There's an extended musical number where Chewie's father, Itchy, fantasizes about Diahann Carroll. Eeeew! The only good thing about this is that my copy has the original commercials, like Sheer Indulgence Pantyhose ("The only hose with real panty at the top!"), Contac cold medicine, and the American Ladies' Garment Sewers Union. The rest of the show was mind-numbing crap. -JDG

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ahhh the memories... I think I saw that when I was about 7 or 8, about the same time I was subjected to the "Ewok Adventure" There's another 3 hours of my life I want back...

Anonymous said...

Hey! I bought the Ewok Adventure a few months ago when it came out on DVD. Although, after watching it now, it's more a mind-nubming crapfest than I remembered.